December 21, 2010

Facing Forward……to meet Santa



Since I had the idea last week to do these kids lined up to see Santa instead of doing the "Dance Line",  I thought I’d give it a try.   After all, my Christmas shopping is all done, my packages are all mailed and I’ve learned that when INSPIRATION strikes, it’s best to grab it and go!!



It was fun giving the kids some new clothes.  I’m not quite sure if the stripes are correct on the first girl and I think I’ve made a “jolly green Santa” here…..because he looks massive!!  But to the kids he probably is, so it works.



Santa hats are really easy to make, the only thing I debated with myself about was, if I should have them all in red hats.  Personally, I prefer the red hats to the other colors that are out now.  But if I were doing a photo shoot, I’d be buying every color hat and having a ball photographing everyone!  Really!



I think the mitten-ed hands worked well with the Santa theme here…..Whew!!!



Watercolor Pencils were used for the hair and everything else was done with my favorite markers.
This is my last page for the SKETCHBOOK Project!  Yippee, I just need to go in and add details to the opposing pages now!!  I had to re-nig on the Senior Sketch drawing that I did a few weeks ago…..I cannot part with that picture for the Sketchbook project.  I’m afraid that if I do, I’ll regret it…..Usually I have no problem giving my stuff away….usually!

That plain background is bugging me…Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could put back there?  If I have time, I’d really like to make that more interesting.

4 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

What a perfect addition to your sketchbook, this is one fabulous book you are creating here!!! Have a Happy Holiday!!

Dawn said...

you could do a border of christmas lights!

Zom said...

Hi Eden. You asked me what I would suggest for learning to draw (looks like you are doing pretty well!)
The best, and quickest way to improve is a good teacher. I am sorry, no books to recommend just because it wasn't the way I learned. You will definitely improve just by doing, but maybe you can mix in drawing from life with the photos. Try drawing plants or a cup, something simple rather than a person. People are the most difficult.

rachel awes said...

i am facing forward
to receive YOUR
riches
in my
brightest
attire!
xoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden