June 6, 2012

Beach….Two

Beach5


This is getting fun!  I really like the way this sketch is going. 


Beach6


I guess because I haven’t made any assumptions.  You know, assumptions about where the eyes are placed….the nose….





I can take my directions from the picture itself and use COLOR.  By using the color in this way, I’m able to shape the face.  It’s a bit like sculpting, but with pencil.  Hard to explain, but the color/shadowing is a bit more pliable.





I was able to see some light in the right eye.   Not so much in the left.  But something will need to be done here…because they don’t match up!  Haha





Tried to de-wonkicize that arm….Will probably need a more experienced eye to help me there. 

1 comment:

JP said...

This is what can be done when you have a great subject to sketch!
It is just fascinating what you are able to do with your pencils.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden