September 15, 2011

Prep pages



Prepping pages….this is a new one for me!  Since I will be traveling and you know how boring airports can be….lots of waiting, lots of people, no space, uncomfortable chairs, travel luggage, delays, deadlines, drudgery!  I’ll try to make the best of it!



Sometimes I find it hard to read a book at airports, too much going on.  I get too distracted to follow any decent story.  I like to “do” something besides just people watch, but I get a kick out of that too!



I drew a bunch of random circles and colored them in with watercolor pencils!  I thought the watercolor pencils will work well with these art journal pages, since I can write over them.  Unlike markers where the ink is too dense.



Prep Page 2. 



No real direction here.  And that thing in the middle looks like the loch-nest monster.  Maybe I’ll give him some eyes.



Chose to work with more white space here. 



Just a little pep talk here. 



This page isn’t done….hopefully far from it.  I think the best pages are those that have been enhanced, colored in, marked up and where you can glimpse a small train of thought.  The pages where you can hardly recognize the finished product from the base layer. 

With these pages all ready to journal on, all I’ll need is a few pens and markers.  I won’t have to lug around my usual stash.  What a relief!!  Now, to get over the shyness of  journaling in public.  Can you?

8 comments:

JP said...

Thanks for starting my day with this conversation piece you have created. I love it.

Unknown said...

I LOVE these so much!! The colors, the organic shapes, wow!

lori vliegen said...

what a great idea......prep pages!! i'd love to be sitting next to you at the airport while you're finishing them!! have a great weekend (and a great trip!). xoxox
p.s. your 9/11 drawing turned out fabulously......bravo, girl!! xo

She Who Doodles said...

i really like what you are doing with the circles. i haven't tried the watercolor pencils yet. i recently bought the crayons.

Jonathan said...

I love them!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

great idea to prep pages for when you travel. I am definitely going to do this for my next camping trip.
I am loving these pages Eden. Your colour combinations are just awesome. I can't wait to see them finished.
I am with you on the shyness when journaling in public. I am ok with doodling and basic journaling in public, it just depends on how personal my writing is.
Have a great week.
Lee:)

Anonymous said...

OH I am such a ham....I LOVE JOURNALING IN PUBLIC!

There is always someone who comes by and starts asking questions...like, "WOW, are you a real artist?" or "How do you draw like that?"

I get a kick out of them...but I find, if you don't want to be disturbed, there is a trick you can employ...just wear a pair of headphones...and don't pay anyone any attention. They'll just figure you can't hear them! You don't even have to have the music on....and then that's where the real fun begins...because you can hear every single thing they say about you! And it's always good....let me remind you that NOT EVERYONE CAN DRAW...so when they see an ARTIST....wow....it's a really cool thing!

I say do it...do it now!
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR MY DEAR!


ciao bella

Creative Carmelina

Anonymous said...

I love your pages, btw! sorry I forgot to mention that in my first comment!
but I'm here now...and I'm saying it!


THEY ARE AWESOME...and you'll have fun layering on more goodness...until they are virtually recognizable! lol

have fun!

ciao again

CC

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden