September 26, 2011

Ok….to try this at home



I was a little bummed that when I flew to Newport I didn’t bring my good DSLR camera.  But when your camera bag is falling apart and 20 years old, it’s best to leave the whole kit and kaboodle at home, don’t you think?

Armed with a $100 gift card to Best Buy, rewarded to me for some purchases a couple months ago.  I knew what I would spend it on…..IF I could find a camera bag that appealed to me.  You see, I’m all about color and patterned material on my accessories!!  I hesitated purchasing a colorful camera bag on line because I couldn’t feel it….test it out.  See if it was made of durable material, you know…stuff like that.



Well, I was out of luck in the fun-color-patterned camera bag selection.  The bags were mostly black, but durable.  And I found one not too oversized and a back-pack type too. 

Then I got an idea. I’ve seen alisa burke decorate her stuff all the time with fabric paint. So, off I went to Michaels to get some paints in different colors.



I grabbed a couple of stencils and my WHITE gel marker.  (I couldn’t see black sharpie lines on this very well). 

I really liked the look of the white only designs.  And I almost kept it this way.



But the other colors felt a little left out.



So for now, this is all I’m going to do.  I’ll have to see how these paints hold up.  The straps are made out of a nylon material so unfortunately I’m not going to decorate them.  Not sure how they’d take the paint!  Darn it!



The inside of the bag even has a place for my ipad!  How cool is that?



Lots of adjustable protection in here. 



I used the Tulip Slick fabric paint line.  Now, it’s a little less boring.   Have you decorated anything with fabric paint before?

7 comments:

JP said...

How creative! I love what you did! I will forward this to Mac and see if he gets so inspired to decorate his lunch-box camera bag!

JP said...

This is a check to see if the comment is posted with less than three clicks to post comment!

JP said...

confirmed. I have to click on Post Comment three times to get the message Your comment was published. Is this true for everyone?

Anonymous said...

Well now that is wonderful and yours will definitely stand out in a crowd!

Unknown said...

That is AMAZING, Eden!! Wow!!

Janet said...

Definitely very cool....and no one else will have the same thing!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

great idea Eden, very creative and so personal. I've seen a suitcase painted all over at an airport and I've wanted to do one ever since. Thanks for the reminder
Lee:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden