September 28, 2011

Artsy-Fartsy Foto Day

image

There’s just something about looking at art supplies that revs-up my creative side.  And there are so many people out there that take such wonderful pictures of their supplies in use and/or a beautiful mess of color. 

Well, since I don’t really paint, it’s a little hard for me to take a picture of my paint brushes and palette.  But I’m not gonna let that stop me from taking fun, artsy, pictures when I come across them.

Above, is a picture of my liquid acrylics ink.  I haven’t used them much lately….but now that they are out…I’m seriously considering it!!  I love the white one which is Dr. Ph Martin’s Bombay White India ink.  It’s basically white-out for artists!!  LOL!

And below I’ll show you some of my other favorite artsy-fartsy photos that I’ve taken over the last year or so.

SONY DSC

You’ve probably seen this a time or two, since I’ve put it on my blog header before.

SONY DSC

This one just makes me want to learn how to draw with colored pencils.  The pic above is of my watercolor pencils which I’m just starting to figure out.

SONY DSC

Took this picture in January on my deck, around 4-5 pm.  The sky was gorgeous and the sun was bright.  I’m pretty proud of this shot.  It even made it on Flickr Explore/Interesting list (top 500 uploads) for January 5, 2011.  It made page 41…..so it’s ranked around 410-420 that day!  Woo-who!

I would love to see shots you guys have taken (or been inspired by).  Please post a link in the comment section and I know I’ll go take a look Open-mouthed smile

9 comments:

rachel awes said...

eden!
i
love
these
photos!
your colors
shine
in the
sun,
just like
in your art.
& i love your
designed bag below!!
last may, i simply took out
sharpies, ruined the tips :)
spontaneously coloring my suitcase
before a trip! so fun! our bags are friends!
xox

Unknown said...

These photos made my mouth water a little bit ;)

Janet said...

These art supply photos are so vibrant. There's something about things lined up in different colors that always grabs me.

Molly said...

love, love, love the vibrant colors!

JonaDoodles said...

These photos are just wonderful! It makes me smile :D

aimee said...

these look like candy! i love pictures of art supplies!

DJan said...

No WONDER that picture of the bottles with the sun coming through them was way up there in the Flickr universe. I still am trying to get my pictures to look that way. Thanks for following me, I guess I'll have to find out how to follow you! :-)

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Fantastic photos Eden. I think I need a new camera or some lessons in photo taking! The photo of the bottles is fabulous! Looking at art supplies gets my creative juices going too
Lee:)

Serena Lewis said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos, Eden! I LOVE the vibrant colours, particularly in the first and last pics. I think I will try and photograph some of my supplies too...may not be as clever or as colourful as your ones though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden