Yes, the whole trick to sketching is figuring out how to make the 3D figure flat (2D)…That’s the crux of the matter…. That’s it in a nutshell….That’s really all we have to do!!….haha
Yea…Yea….I know…you’re all tired of hearing me belly-ache about how hard faces are…but THEY are!! And if I’m to go forward with this sketching it’s time I took up the challenge…..(why must I always be challenging myself?)
- Obviously a pretty poor rendition of this lovely young ladies face…but my faces always start out a little scarry!
- Erased it all away…and redrew that mouth.
- Turned the image upside down, and tried again in that contour way.
- Still trying
- Right eye too low, adjusted up. Nose too long, shortened.
- Mouth a little small, enlarged
- Face narrowed a little and minor markings applied
WOW!…now I can see so much! I can see the errors, the flaws, the work I have left to do!
If I didn’t frequent my blog too, I wouldn’t be showing this….but I need to get familiar with the two images side by side. The eyes are too open…the nose still too long… the lips too full! It’s like you guys are the teacher, and I’m the student!