March 1, 2012

Early Art Journal Pages and…



And a free e-book link!  I stop over at Jeff Goins writing blog when I’m in writer-mode and I’m always glad I did.  He writes posts that make me wish I wrote more.  Posts that get me excited to journal.  Posts that remind me why I journal.  Is it because it gives my thoughts a sense of order?  Of clarity?  He’s so excited about his writing and it will rub off on you too as you read his words.

He directed us to amazon.com where one of his writer buds has just released an e-book.   The book is written by Paul Jun titled “Building an Empire with Words”.  It is OUTSTANDING!  I took over 4 pages of notes (I do that sometimes when I’m inspired).  It’s a quick read and took me maybe 30 minutes to read.  Well worth my time Open-mouthed smile




I came across these pages last night then this morning I read the free ebook.  That’s when I knew my little “where’s my books” bird had a purpose!

This bird above was drawn in ‘09, One of my first birds.  I was trying to make each bird a little different.  Cuz that’s the fun part...Dressing… Them…Up.



Had to have my color back then too.  Drawn with bold markers.  I realize I didn't use the ROY G BIV formula.  Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-Indigo-Violet.  Probably didn’t use the formula because I didn’t know it then.  Haha.



This must have been a summer page.



Best advice ever.  And if something’s too good to be true, there’s usually a reason.



Since these are older…I’ve distanced myself from them.  I don’t cringe so much.  At the same time I can witness the practice and the things that have stuck with me that I like.



I’ve learned a lot about paper quality since I drew these.  This paper was not the best for markers and erasing.  I also see that I tried out a few stickers.  But journal ephemera just isn’t my thing. 

Do you enjoy looking back at your old art journal pages?  Do you cringe too?

2 comments:

iHanna said...

Great links, will check them out since I'm a fan of journaling/writing - always! And fun to look back on your previous work and see development, right?

Eden said...

Yes! Yes! The book is so good, hope you like it too! That's why I save all my "art pages", just to see if I've made any progress, haha..and of course, to know what i was thinking/into back then :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden