If you’ve been following this blog for awhile then you may remember my Teen Lingo post from November 2010.
I loved that post!! Since it was such a popular drawing and so many people can relate to the sentiment I was asked to make the teen a boy.
Boys are simple…. all I had to do was put him in a soccer or football jersey and give him a ball cap.
Oh yes….and make sure he displays that “bored” look that is so popular amongst this age group.
The fun part was placing him in the car with his mom. Gotta love photoshop! What does this program not do?
For those of you new here, let me give you a little background on this drawing. I had to drive my daughter to a college visit last year. Since she could hardly tolerate my presence at the time….and I was trying to make the best of it. Every question or comment I made was answered by a ONE WORD response. All and all her vocabulary consisted of 10 words that weekend. It really was quite funny and I believe one day she’ll realize how funny she was.
- Touché- When I’ve figured out the right answer to why he does something.
- Whatever- When he really doesn’t want to do what I ask him to do. Or is stalling.
- What- If I look at him at any time.
- Stop- If I don’t avert my eyes after he’s said “What”.
- Fine- If I tell him not to do something he is wanting to do.
- Random- If I communicate with him about my day, or make a statement about life in general.
- Sure- If I ask him a Yes or No question
- Obviously- If I agree with what he is doing
- Congratulations- If I figure out something that I didn’t know before….usually pertaining to his school life, his social life or his sports life.
- MOM !!- If #3 and #4 hasn’t diverted my attention and now he really means it!