March 1, 2010

Mail Sketch 2010

MailArtEnvelope

A couple of weeks ago I received this adorable package in the mail. This is the first hand-made envelope I have ever seen in my whole life. Much less received!!! Isn’t it the cutest thing ever!!! I have never known that we could send stuff in the mail this way……Well, actually I’ve heard of people decorating envelopes but this is so over the top! Tammy at Daisy Yellow made it! I love it, don’t you??

Inside the envelope was this tiny little red book.

image

Since I’ve never participated in something like this, a Mail Art Swap, I had no idea what to do for my pages!!!

So, it sat……. and sat…..and sat…..

Then last night, I had an idea! I ran up to my studio (where not much happens) and came down with colored paper and letter stencils. I grabbed my handy-dandy pen bag and doodled away. Then, since this is a journal I really wanted to do some line journaling, you know “real writing”. But, I didn’t want to mess it up and do the journaling on the original. So, I cut a piece of cute scrapbook paper to the size of the page and journaled on that. Then I glued everything inside the book.

image

Since it’s too small to read from here, I’ll tell you what the journaling says:

“This is how I see me and art. If I live to be 90, I will be the little old lady taking the shuttle to the art store….Why? Because it makes me happy & young at heart. Plus between you & me- I hate to cook.”

Now, I just need to do 2 more pages and then send it on. I have an idea of what to do, lets see if I can pull it off!

5 comments:

Janet said...

I think what you've done in the little art book is just perfect. I just love your alphabet doodles. And I'll be on that same shuttle to the art store....I'll just be a lot older than you!

Serena Lewis said...

What a great idea and it looks fabulous! We can all share the shuttle to the art store ~ ;)

lori vliegen said...

what a fabulous little journal.....and the envelope is just as fantastic!! i love your idea of journaling on the paper first, and then gluing it in the journal......and speaking of journaling, your page turned out great!! now, what time did you say that shuttle to the art store comes by?....
:)))

Elena said...

Found you through elvie's blog and liked your profile and loved (connected) to your journal quote. Hope you don't mind if I follow along now.

Elena
http://elena-myquest.blogspot.com/

Elle Mental said...

May you have many more mail art envies to come!Want more? Look up mail art calls and respond to some. The more you participate the more delicious mail you will find in your snail mailbox! Happiness is a mailbox full of mail art from around the world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden