I follow Christine Kane’s blog and I love the idea of picking a word for the year, instead of making New Year’s Resolutions! I mean really, how long do we really keep our resolutions? I also, would make the resolutions so darn strict and set myself up for relapse and failure.
Last year I picked Start for my word. I think that word really kicked me into gear in lots of ways:
- I started blogging more
- I started following other blogs thru my dashboard on blogger
- I started Commenting more
- I started Art Journaling, drawing, attempting new creative outlets. Like crotcheting, painting, and doodling.
- I started to post my pics/art on Flickr
- I started making my house the way i wanted it.
- I started to jump rope at the gym on the days I did the elliptical or weight trained.
- I started burning Dennis Prager CD’s for my 95 yr old Grandmother
- I started to eat better; more high fiber and low carb meals
- I started to facebook (still don’t really care for that too much), but wonderful way to connect with old friends.
- I started to realize I didn’t have to be perfect to live the way i wanted
Well, it’s New Years Day and I am not sure what word I’m going to pick! I have a couple ideas. I may have to revisit Christine’s list for prompts. I’ll pick one or two soon. I just want my word to be able to seep into more of my life. I want it to be able to hold up to the Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Creative and restless sides of me. I want it to give me Hope and Passion and Growth. Change is good and inevitable might as well self-direct a little of it.
What are your New Years traditions??? Do you pick a word too?
Thanks for stopping by and here’s to a great 2010!