December 31, 2009

Taking over….

I’m taking over my son’s room! Well, not totally, but I’m getting there. He’s in college and while he was home last week he hardly noticed all the quilting material, sewing machines and craft items strewn about! Good thing, huh?

I bought these really cool Deka curtain wires from Ikea in November and I’ve been dying to put them up. I uploaded and printed off a bunch of my Art Journal pages to hang on the wire. Printed them out as 4 x 6 pictures, the dimensions weren’t exact when transferring from my 5 x 8 moleskine. But it was close enough. No sweat! The hard part was working with the wire. Luckily I had my handy-dandy husband to help. He has just about every tool known to man so, drilling, cutting and stud-finding wasn’t a big issue for him…..It’s also good to have a second set of hands to see where you want the 12ft wire to hang.

Above: I have to show you how cool Sue Doodles “Cosmic Dolly” looks here too! I adore her doodles and asked her if I could print off one of her creations. Being the sweetie that she is, she then just emailed the hi-resolution file to me. The only thing missing is her siggie!

What’s great is I get to hang lots of things on this wire! As you can see I’ve got a guitar Christmas ornament up there, in honor of my son allowing me to impose! I’ve put a 2 dollar bill in the line up, for New Year’s Prosperity. A couple of favorite notecards in there as well, too. I have 20 extra hooks to go crazy with in the coming months! Woo-Who!

View from sleeping! No worries, quite harmless if they were to fall on you!

Being that I am such a Visual Person, I love looking at all kinds of things colorful and creative!

How do you display your favorite pieces of art? Do you ever get over stimulated if you put too much stuff up? What inspires you visually?

Thanks for stopping by! Eden

4 comments:

Janet said...

I really like that idea! I definitely need something like that to display art, both mine and other friends. How nice that your son is letting you use his room. The wall color is great! My studio is painted green, too.

Serena Lewis said...

What a great display idea! I found you via a comment you left on my Flickr account and I will definitely be back to visit more. Your work is so colourful, creative and captivating!

Becoming Catholic said...

I love this idea...you got these at IKEA? Do you quilt, paint, I looked at your journal images...amazing...do you sell your art somewhere? Fill me in girl!

Eden said...

Thanks so much for your kind words everybody!

-Kathy, I don't sell anything online, but someday....you never know!! Yes I quilt some and not so much a painter, only attempting little stuff only!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden