July 26, 2009

Progress




I really wanted to show you the magazine I got my inspiration from for my silhouette wall. It's Better Homes and Gardens issue Summmer 2009. I adapted their project a bit for the wall hangings by using Artists' Canvas boards, instead of Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). The MDF would've been much cheaper but I felt it would've been harder to work with. At least with my Canvas boards I can take the fabric off and re-use them someday.

I also preferred the look of fabric than the look of decoupaged papers adhered to the boards. My way will take longer but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

I need to buy some more fabric for this project because some of what I used went into my Gypsy skirt. Versatile, yep, gotta love those versatile fabrics.



I think this wall that you see the Silhouettes leaning against will be a good backdrop for this type of display. I will need to make at least 3-5 more. Depending on the sizes I chose to use.

I really must FINISH something in this room. My energies are pretty scattered at the moment. Going to the beach next week and I'd like to take a couple silhouettes with me to applique. It should be easy enough to do and Lord knows I'll have the time in the car. If I can keep the car-sickness at bay while I stitch.

Progress......it's coming ever so S.L.O.W.L.Y.........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden