March 9, 2009

These 2 feet


We had this picture sitting around and I was looking for something to do. So, I gridded it up and made a separate larger grid on my art paper.




I drew the outlines of the feet. I was awfully glad I had the squares to keep me in line. Hahaha. Then I traced the pencil lines with permanent marker. Erased the pencil grid and just started playing.


I used some markers and watercolor paints in the background. The paints give it a much more interesting look. They also can be marked over, whereas where I used marker in a colored section the paper tends to hold onto the marker color more. Doesn't lend itself to layering as easily.


I don't know if this is done yet. I'm fighting an urge to doodle all over the place here. I am finding I love using the black/white box strips. It's something that I enjoy doing and it tends to add a lot of POP to the drawing.

I came across this article by Anahata Katkin called "A grain of Salt" where she talks about "art journaling" and the way you use symbols I thought it was so interesting. She gives us permission to use and reuse any elements that we like in our art journals. Here's the Link, it's a really good read and gets my creative juices going. I think this can be applied to many other areas (digital scrapbooking, writing) too.

3 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

One of my very favorite pictures from our anniversary trip to Hawaii is of mine and my hubbies feet in the sand. It is close up and our toes are peeking because they are covered in sand. It is great! We have tried to recreate it on other beaches, but the sand is different and it just hasn't been the same.

Eden said...

Lisa, Oh, I'd love to see this picture. I've never been to Hawaii, wish I could comment on the quality of that sand. Only been to Florida White Sands, Florida East Coast, Texas beaches and Santa Monica. The Texas beaches we could drive on. Santa Monica was very rocky. Florida East coast had the most extreme tidal changes that I've ever seen.

Unknown said...

This is great. I love your drawings a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden