September 3, 2013

Decorating….a Small Bathroom

Bath1

People have been wondering what I’ve been up to lately….Well, it was time to do something about this College-looking bathroom.  That pedestal sink didn’t leave me much room for storage.

Bath2

Scored the old wallpaper then proceeded to remove…..joy!



That wallpaper has been up since at least ‘98 when we bought this house.  As you can see, it was a bear to scrape off.  The existing paper and paste had settled in quite comfortably and did not want to be removed.



I came across this embossed paintable paper from Lowes.  I was a little scared to hang it since I’ve never done any wallpapering before (other than borders).  It had a bit of a learning curve but it went up very easily.  They say you don’t even have to paint the paper but I went with a light yellow.



Had a little bubble in the second long sheet of paper I put up which I couldn’t remedy…..so I just placed a “happy” sign in front of it Smile



Changed out the fixtures to polished nickel and thought this light fixture was pretty cool.

Bath7

Wanted to use red as an accent, so this little Red-Man found at TJ Maxx fit nicely.  Since the paper is thick and it butted up to the end of the wall where it turns, I put up one of those plastic guards on the edge of the wall so the paper won’t peel back or rip.

Bath8 copy

I love the cubby-rage that all the stores are endorsing, and these fabric cubby’s fit perfectly in the open area of the vanity under the drawers.

Bath9

Ta-Da!!  This whole project was completed in well under $1000.  I feel so grown-up now!

P.S.  I’m working on a new portable project, so I should have some fun doodles to post soon Smile

7 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

That turned out so great!! LOVE that sink. I used to work at Lowe's a few years ago and i remember that textured wallpaper. I always thought it would be a lot of fun.
Hugs! deb

Eden said...

Hi Deb! I love our Lowes :)....and I thought the paper would be a lot harder to put up and paint than it was...what a relief :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your bathroom! AWESOME! And I think you're SO BRAVE to do the wallpapering!
TFS
Grandma Nancy Sapp

Eden said...

Hi Nancy!! I agree about the wallpaper....but I tried to measure twice and cut once :D

Anonymous said...

I think the new look makes your bathroom look bigger! Good job :)

Jocelyn

Eden said...

Hi Jocy!! Yea me too!! Thanks :D

Serena Lewis said...

What a wonderful transformation and that embossed wallpaper is gorgeous! I think it looks larger too. Well done to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden