October 24, 2009

Sun Series…..ColorSplash

Birds

First it started with this drawing…..Wait, No! It started with this picture I saved into my FAVORITES in Flickr. Then I found a background I like from Aimeslee. So, I taped up a moleskine page and watercolored the triangles. Then drew the birds and colored them in. I love how the bird in the middle seems to be talking to the one on the left….i digress……………………………….Then I WAS STUCK!! I couldn’t do anything with this drawing! I was SO missing something!

ColorSplash

So, I moved on and forgot about the Bird Drawing and started a new page with my new favorite stencil, The Sun. I wanted to add a lot of color so I made a bunch of squares and colored them in. I know it doesn’t look like it but there is a method to my madness in coloring the squares. Each diagonal of squares follows a red series or blue, or green or yellow…….

Birds3

But the squares were needing something! But what????? Then I remembered my birds. So, I brought my drawing into Photoshop and cropped the trio out. I then enlarged them and triplicated them (in case i had sloppy scissor-hands).

SONY DSC

After I cut them out, I traced them onto my colored squares. Then I pulled out my new Dr.Ph Martin’s Pen-white ink.

SONY DSC

Then I outlined the trio in .03 black prismacolor. And spruced up the Mr Sun-side! I didn’t know if I should put a face on the sun guy but he needed something. I think he looks a little proud…….as a sun should!!!

ColorSplash1

I seem to be hooked on the following in my journals;

  • checkerboard
  • diagonals
  • journaling in this loopy way
  • COLORS; red, green, blue, yellow
  • And that White Pen Ink from Dr.Ph Martin’s

Well, that’s all folks!!!

[Eden[

3 comments:

malin said...

Such colourful journal pages, lovely!

I´ve painted two Moleskine covers, the first I sanded first, on the second I forgot that... Then I covered the surface with gesso and let it dry, and then I just painted with acrylics, and glued on some drawings. Easy peasy! Suzi Blu also have a video on covers, and there are a few replies with more takes on covers: http://www.youtube.com/user/suziblutube#p/u/14/IG8h0Nbn2XM

Eden said...

Ah, thanks much Malin. Off to check out the youtube :)

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Eden! Love your name. I thought of naming my daughter Eden if I had one but alas I had a son instead. I came to you via Janet Briggs at the Lavendar Loft. I like the 1st drawing here. You said it needed something... my idea would be to put words in the colored squares. Love the birds on the wire. I have done some on a wire on a card and used it as a Let's Do Lunch card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden