July 9, 2011

Diptych….Refresh

Refresh

Ahh Refresh…..what would’ve been an obvious picture for me to take would have been an Ice Cold glass of water.  It’s been hot here!

17_Refresh

So, the very un-obvious picture I chose was this one.  Yep, a picture of our 4th of July fireworks.  I don’t spend a cent on them, but my son and his friend have taken up the tradition of buying a few hundred dollars worth.  I’m just not that into blowing things up.  Yes, boys will be boys.

I think what’s most refreshing is:
  • spending time with family/friends without an agenda
  • being outside
  • being entertained
  • witnessing the dog’s relief AFTER the fireworks are over
Now, we have to head over to Wild and Precious Life to hear why Chel chose her picture (the top one).

7 comments:

lori vliegen said...

you always have the most delightful way of looking at things!! hope you have a refreshing weekend , sweet gal!! xox

rachel awes said...

yes! oh how i too know! those fireworks add up fast!! YES to refreshment!! xox

Serena said...

Fireworks are illegal here in Queensland, MUCH to my dog's relief. lol They are only legal when used by a licensed fireworks company at special public events.

Serena said...

Ooooops, meant to say how much I liked your 'REFRESH'....well done!

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble just getting by right now, and seeing someone spend hundreds of dollars on firworks makes me die inside a little. Sorry.

Eden said...

@Anonymous- We're just helping out the people that are selling the fireworks. Thank you for your comment :)

aimee said...

holy moly eden! your boys had a rip roaring fourth! fun pairing w/chel. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden