July 1, 2011

Deck Project…..DONE

We rebuilt the deck last summer, then waited a year (cuz that’s what it said to do) before staining it. Once stained, I had no idea what deck furniture to buy because I didn’t want to overload the space since I’m not out there much.

DSC00665

I had this old wrought iron table and chairs, that I was ready to cast away.  Then it was brought to my attention that it could be repainted.  I like the size of this table because it will work with any deck furniture I purchase. 

DSC00666

So, off I went to find a good primer and black spray paint.

DSC00670

This was SUPER EASY, and it looks pretty decent.  Now, all it needs are chair backs and seat cushions.

IMAG0098

Off to the fabric store.   Here is the selection of Indoor/Outdoor Upholstery fabric.



I picked a two-tone bird and leaf design.



Made a pattern from the back of the chair, cut and sewed.

DSC00759

Purchased a couple big blocks of 2 inch foam for the cushions.  This stuff is more expensive than it looks.

DSC00760

Needed some grommets for the ties.
 DSC00761

Done!  Love the simplicity of this.  I won’t be leaving these on all the time, because even though they state they’re for outdoor use, trust me….that sun and rain makes things look shabby fast!



Now, we’re ready to watch some fireworks from the Deck. 

Hope you guys have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!

4 comments:

Jp said...

I luv it

iHanna said...

Wow what a lovely summer place you've got there Eden! I'd want att sit there all tjena time this weekend. :-) Happpy weekend and fourth celebrations!

Chel said...

Ohh- I love it!!

Serena said...

Great makeover, Eden!! Your deck looks so inviting...love the pots of flowers! How uncanny, I just finished posting about a makeover I did this past week...great minds think alike, eh? :)

Enjoy your July 4th celebrations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden