April 13, 2011

Diptych Day…. Time

7_Time

Time was our word this week.  So obvious and yet,  I didn’t want to click a pic of a clock.  The option of going to “Cheeseburger in Paradise” where all the clocks on the wall mentioned that it’s 5 o’clock somewhere was appealing, I must admit.

My picture was taken on vacation last week….yep, you’ll find me and book along side water on most of my beach-y holidays.  If I’d have thought of it, I would’ve snapped this pic while I was beach side for the hour plus out there that day…..you see, the wind had a bit of chill to it, and it’s always windier at the beach.  Following my hedonistic instinct,  I could only take so much…..off I went to the pool, where the wind was blocked and the jacuzzi was just 3 feet away.  

Chel, took the top picture.  We have to stop by Wild and Precious life for her take on Time.

P.S.  The book I’m reading is “Cutting for Stone”, I tried to read this last August and couldn’t stand it, glad I gave it another go.  Surprisingly, a really good read!

4 comments:

rachel awes said...

hope you had a great vacation!!
& love your bird's tv lessons below...
that screen is so compelling!
xox

Serena said...

i love that rich golden yellow in the top pic. great diptych!

JP said...

I am glad you gave Cutting for Stone another try! When you were reading it the first time, you called me and said, "When exactly does this book get good?" I had recommended it because I thought it was excellent, yet a little too long. Our bookclub is now reading ROOM by Emma Donoghue. This took me time to get into but then I was drawn to continue reading. It is a story about a kidnapped lady and her son captive in an 11 x 11 room.
It is TIME for me to get something done today!

lori vliegen said...

it sounds like you had a great vacation......glad you were able to take some time off and do some catching up with your book (i love how you highlighted the word "time" as your solution to the theme! i also noticed the word "moors" on that page.....isn't that supposed to be "moops"? i'm counting on the fact that you're a seinfeld fan, here.....think bubble boy....)
xox
p.s. fabulous first photo, chel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden