April 29, 2011

Diptych Day…. Reflection

9_Reflection

Reflection…..my take is totally different than Chel’s take (as it should be).  I was a bit stumped, cuz this is a rather boring picture.  But it’s the only one I could come up with, using the props I have on hand.

My favorite time to REFLECT is in the morning, but scratch that idea if I work that day.  But really… I can write just about anywhere at anytime….it helps to get rid of the junk floating around up there!  Been journaling almost my entire life.  I’m a firm believer in understanding yourself and the cathartic benefits of letting it all hang out.  I also think I’m a kinetic person, I need to DO things.  I learn best if I’m not so passive, this is somewhat active and the only skill it requires is honesty.  I really like this book “The New Diary”, I liked it so much I bought it a second time.  Seriously!  Not a proud moment when I realized this.  More like a duh moment!!  LOL!

To find out more about Chel’s picture above, please stop by Wild and Precious Life

2 comments:

JP said...

Why have you enjoyed The New Diary so much? I just read the intro.

Eden said...

I just think it's written ahead of it's time and it explores so many different aspects of journal writing. From dreams, your past, letters to people or self...just a lot of food for thought within the book. But you have to be so inclined :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden