February 23, 2011

Diptych Day….Begin

1_Begin

My bloggie-buddie Chel and I wanted to work on our photography skills.  So we collaborated.  Once we decided on a word, we scurried off to take a picture of something that word represented for us.  This week’s word prompt was begin. 

After much deliberation….I finally got around to taking my picture.  But the rainy weather forced me to stay inside.  I was now limited to indoor photography!  My least favorite type.  So, I looked high and low around my house for something that would clue me in to what I should take.  I ended up in my “studio” , and pulled out a couple items that just didn’t do it for me.  Until, I spotted my embroidery organizer.  I have 8 of those full size organizers and when I was a cross-stitch guru, I bought every DMC floss color known to man….Seriously…. I did.  Five skeins for a buck was a good deal and it sure beat stopping a project halfway because I didn’t have the floss.  These skeins of floss pictured above represent the “beginning of a project” for me.

To find out the story behind Chel’s picture you’ve got stop by her blog, Wild & Precious and she’ll fill you in. 

Chel is going to be a fun one to do this challenge with because:
  • She’s in the South, I’m in the Midwest.  
  • She’s a Pre-school mom, I’m a High School/College mom. 
  • She’s an Awesome Polymer Clay Artist, I’m not.

5 comments:

Serena said...

Well done, Eden! This challenge is going to be fun to follow....nice pics!

JP said...

You always make me smile.

Carol said...

Ages and ages ago when I was designing counted cross stitch patterns I invested in ALL the colors as well. Then along came Carpal Tunnel and ended that adventure. But oh the fun years later when my granddaughter discovered those boxes of color for friendship bracelets and the beginning of new projects. So great choice!!!

Eileen Bergen said...

What a pretty close up of embroidery floss. What a gorgeous riot of color.

I'm off to check out Chel's blog. Thanks for the link.

Pat said...

I love these colors! I used to wind my floss on these thingies too back when I did counted cross stitch. Now I just use it right off the skein and don't even bother. I remember when you could buy these 5 for a buck. Now I'm lucky to find them on sale at 3 for a buck. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden